FindLaw Legal Dictionary
The FindLaw Legal Dictionary -- free access to over 8260 definitions of legal terms. Search for a definition or browse our legal glossaries.
- : accrual bond at bond
- zero bracket amount
- Zero Bracket Amount
- : a deduction from gross income that was permitted for federal taxpayers and reflected in tax tables until its replacement by the standard deduction in 1986
- Zero-Coupon Bond
- see bond
- Zipper Clause
- [from the comparison of such a clause to the closing action of a zipper] : a clause in a labor contract indicating that the agreement is an exclusive and complete expression of consent NOTE: A zipper ...
- Zipping is the act of compressing large files into a single file, called a zip file. Zip files take up less storage space so they easy to send via email. Not to be confused with Zip drive, an portable ...
- : a specifically designated section of a larger area or territory: as a : a section of a municipality controlled by specific restrictions on permitted use (as for residences or agriculture) b : a ...
- Zone Of Danger
- :the area within which one is in actual physical peril from the negligent conduct of another person NOTE: Some jurisdictions require that a bystander who witnesses a direct injury to another can only ...
- Zone Of Employment
- :the area in and around a place of employment that is under the control of the employer NOTE: For workers' compensation purposes, an injury to an employee going to or coming from work in the zone of ...
- Zone Of Interest
- :the range or category of interests that a statute or constitutional guarantee is intended to protect called also zone of interests NOTE: The interest of a party seeking to enforce a law or guarantee ...
- Zone Of Privacy
- :an area or aspect of life that is held to be protected from intrusion by a specific constitutional guarantee (as of the right to be secure in one's person, house, papers, or effects against ...
- : municipal or county regulation of land use effected through the creation and enforcement of zones under local law